Saturday, December 30, 2006

Greetings from Texas!


First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I wanted to write a bit before the holidays, but just got busy, so I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah for my Jewish friends and thank you all for the well wishes for a happy birthday, it was nice and quiet and pretty uneventful, I did fix Fr. Joe's hard drive though, so that was a nice birthday present.

Anyswho... I am now in Houston, in case you didn't know. Bill and I came for the Texas Bowl and took a couple of days to hang out and check out some stuff. The game was awesome, if you didn't see it, it was pretty much a butt kicking, 37-10, but the game was actually still in question at halftime, even though RU was outplaying K-State in just about every facet of the game. Anyway, it was a great experience and I am just glad I could see Rutgers first bowl game. Next year, hopefully we get some of you other guys out here as well, it's a blast!

We also went to the Johnson Space Center on Thursday and yesterday we went down to Galveston. The weather wasn't perfect... actually it was pretty wet, but it didn't stop us from having some fun. We went to an offshore oil rig museum, and a movie about the great storm, a hurricane that hit Galveston back in 1900 and killed about 6,000 people, and then went to the beach to check out the Gulf of Mexico which was nice and choppy. After that we went searching for a house that Bill's Dad used to have and the hometown of both Sue and Joe and finally found it after a couple of mistakes and talking to a scary lady with a dog. Today is our last full day here before flying out, we were planning on getting in a round of golf, but the weather does not seem to be giving us much of a shot at that, so we are going to go around Houston and take a tour of the Saint Arnold Brewery.

Well, I guess that is enough for now, I hope to post lots of pictures on webshots when I get back. Until then, I hope all is going well and I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year! But first, your moment of zen... it's how I handle business, it's a metaphor... but that actually happened though. God bless and take care!

No comments: