Monday, February 26, 2007

It's Time to Re-Lent

Good Morning! I am back in Baltimore after a wonderful retreat and some time off... it is amazing how much we are creatures of our environment, how everyone seems to "need" the time off after a few weeks back at school (4T guys recovering from Comps not included, they deserve it) - I am no different, but I also remember working long days in the past and only taking two out of my three weeks of vacation in the year, I just think it is funny how quick we adapt and find reason to complain. Anyway, as I said my retreat was excellent, it was just what I had hoped for. I went to St. Mary's Abbey a Benedictine Abbey in Morristown and highly recommend it to anyone desiring to go on retreat. The monks were wonderful, allowed me to pray with them, and offered wonderful hospitality. The food was excellent, although if you plan on going they have breakfast and dinner in silence so be prepared. I knew that they had meals in silence and enjoyed it so much that I am going to incorporate some of it in my Lenten practices, one meal per day will be in silence. Everyone knows I talk to much anyway and I think it will be a good idea to listen more. I also had the opportunity to hike a bit while on retreat and spent some quality time at Morristown National Park, specifically Jockey Hollow. I had been there before but it was nice to be able to go when the snow was all around and kind of set the mood as well.

Speaking of snow, we got a bit yesterday and the drive down was not all that fun. Lots of cars going very slowly which was a little bit frustrating since once I got into Maryland it was all rain and the roads were not that bad. It is like a different culture down here during the winter though and I still am not used to it. But Spring is hoped for eternal... yesterday Bill, his dad and I went to a golf show and the thoughts of putting on a beautiful green in the 70 degrees of June in Jersey brought a smile to my face as I was taking deep breaths to calm myself down as someone was going 20 in the left lane of the highway. We are hoping to have a little trip down here to watch the Yanks play at Camden Yards in September and perhaps go out to Ocean City to play some golf on the same time. I am already looking forward to that, the courses that we looked at were beautiful.

Anywho, I am going to keep this short since I need to get down to Sulpician Meditation and start my day. So, until next time, God Bless and take care. Oh and don't forget Your Moment of Zen, reminding you to always go for the gold.

No comments: