Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ch...Ch...Ch...Ch...Changes

turn to face the strain... Ch... Ch... Changes... As you can see I made some minor changes to the webpage, but I am still working on some things. Speaking of changes, it is now official: Rev. Thomas Hurst (pictured left) is our new rector at St. Mary's! It will be strange next year that the incoming guys who come to seminary early for orientation will arguably know the rector better than the returning students since they will have about four days with him. I am looking forward to the getting to know Fr. Hurst and I think we all are happy that this process has finally come to a close - we all tend to fear the unknown. It's hard to believe that I will be entering into 3rd theology next year... it just seemed like yesterday that I started. Oh well, such is life.

So, I decided to make this blog a little more graphic, as you can see... so there are a few more links, but most of the old ones have been transferred to buttons that were either made or stolen (legally of course :)) The one that I would really like to call your attention to is Kiva.org. I don't believe that I have written about this before, but it is a way to get involved and make a difference by financing microloans - lending money to people in need and when it gets repaid you can help finance others. One of my friends at school, Mike Neugent, who will be ordained to the diaconate next week in Trenton (sorry no link), showed me this group and we are both checking it out. So far I have been very pleased and hope to give more information as my loanee begins to pay back her loan. Feel free to check it out and stay tune for more updates.

So, while I am typing, I am also watching the Big East Championship game for baseball and it looks like the team will put the exclamation point on a great season for RU. Not only did RU football finish #12 and won the Texas Bowl and the Women's basketball team made it to the Championship game, but it looks like the baseball team will be on their way to the NCAA tournament and perhaps the College World Series. Still a long way away as there are 64 teams that make the tourney and only 8 to Omaha, but this is step #1. They are up 7-1 going into the 9th.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Memorial Day and continue to be thankful for all of the men and women who gave their lives so that we can live with the freedoms that we have today. Drive safe and remember to buckle your safety belts (especially if you don't want a ticket!). May God bless you always and I will talk to you soon.

And now... Your moment of Zen - an addicting game... enter your top score under "St Marys and friends" if you dare :)

No comments: