Saturday, March 01, 2008

busy week

So, winter break is done and I got my taxes completed, so the school year must be approaching the ever-dreaded final push around mid-terms to finals. Things are going quite well but I have a busy week between school work and stuff going on in the parish coming up. St. Joseph Parish is having their semi-annual Chicken Dinner this weekend, so if you are in the Baltimore area, stop by and have some great food! I will also be at the parish this week to lead Eucharistic Adoration on Tuesday and for a Mass for the Knights of Columbus on Thursday. Adoration is a wonderful thing to start during the Lenten season since many parishes begin this practice or extend their normal weekly observance during this time. It is a wonderful time to just quietly talk to Our Lord and remain focused on his sacrifice for us. The Diocese of Metuchen is in the middle of their Holy Hour for Vocations in which all parishes of the Diocese will have Eucharistic Adoration and I encourage everyone to try and attend at your parish or if you are not within the Diocese, you are always welcome, but perhaps you can encourage your parish to start something like this. You won't regret it!

So, Johan Santana pitched his first game as a Met yesterday in a Spring Training tilt against the Cardinals. Although it wasn't a great outing and only two innings, it was such a joy to come back to my room and tune into Mlb.TV to watch live baseball again. It reminds me that spring is just around the corner. I can smell the hotdogs already!

Well, I hate to cut this short, but I do have to run to the parish to teach CCD and just wanted to make sure that I get this updated a little more often then in the past. I have not forgotten to include your moment of zen... ever wonder what else your name spelled out, now you can know without doing any work yourself! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your Blog ;) God Bless you