Friday, October 27, 2006

Been Busy...

Ok, again, I have been a bit busy... not too busy, but what can I say, I just can't get myself in the mood to write sometimes; I also haven't been able to get myself to clean my room either... you know it is bad when clean laundry is sitting on your floor for over a week. Anywho, things are going well, I had a little bit of a cold about a week ago and had a great visit from Bill two weeks ago where we went to the Rutgers-Navy game in Annapolis and played a round of golf at Pine Ridge, by far the nicest municipal course in Baltimore. It was freezing though at the end of the round and we stopped after 15 since the people ahead of us (mostly twosomes too which was weird) were playing so slow. Both Bill and I forgot our camera, so no pictures of that :(. The Navy game was awesome, a 34-0 shallacking (speld rong?) - we had tickets on the hill since the game was the largest in Navy history, but it was still a good time. Here is a picture from the end of the game when Navy and RU listened to each others fight songs ... total class Also, went to Padonia Station to watch the RU - Pitt game last week with my buddy Vic, great atmosphere and awesome wings... I may like it even better than Bill Bateman's to watch sports. This week we try and tackle UConn arguably our biggest rival in the first visit back to Piscataway since Sept. 28, I think it is going to be a madhouse on Sunday night and just hope there is not a let down... although this team is different than past Rutgers teams and I am sure they will be well prepared - then in little over a week what will be the biggest game in RU history... but let's not get ahead of ourselves, GO RU, tame the Huskies!

Also had the St. Mary's Golf tournament on Monday, the teams were named for NCAA conferences and I was a proud member of Team Big East - two Syracuse guys, the rector (who likes UConn at least for basketball) and myself. This is a picture from the end of the day on the 18th, we again played pretty late and it was getting chilly, but the sunset and the fall foliage, just made this an awesome shot.
Since it was a long weekend we only had two other teams - team ACC and team I-A Independents, and thanks to the fantastic play of the Fr. Leavitt, our team finished at +1 and won the tournament. I had a total of four drives taken (we played best ball and a team needed to take two drives from each person, and although I was inconsistent, I was happy with the way I played... I also hit a really nice long putt to give us a birdie on the back nine when we really needed it. Any day of golf is better than working though and my favorite hole was definitely the 19th.

Classes are going well, I have a huge paper due next week for my Johannine class, which most of the research is done for, just need to type it up, so it shouldn't be too bad. Also it is now getting to be time for midterms and I have one each of the next two weeks. So, don't be surprised if I disappear for a while again. We actually had a pretty short week, with a number of classes cancelled and not having Monday classes this week for alumni day, but I have been taking care of a lot of things that needed to be done... shopping for the Donnelly Halloween party, getting a haircut, and eventually cleaning my room ;) I will post pictures of the Donnelly Party, cause I think it is going to be awesome, I had lots of fun getting stuff for it, so we will see how everything works. I am just happy that I have finally found a barber here in Baltimore that doesn't mess up my hair (not like my haircut is that difficult, but three different barbers I visited two years ago didn't do a very good job)... I was content though going back to Jersey all the time, until this year since I haven't been there since the middle of August and won't be back until Turkey Day, I just couldn't deal with my hair being that long for another month... I needed to give in. Thanks to Dan for pointing out a good place for me, Gennuso's Barber Shop.

Well, it is getting kind of late, so I better hit the shower and then off to class, hope all is going well wherever you are, and will be talking to you soon. Until then, here is your Site of the Day Hope you like a little Jazz... for some reason I find this peaceful. Enjoy!

No comments: