Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend Update

The Mets win!!! Glad to see the Amazin's back in the NLCS and awaiting the winner of the San Diego - St. Louis series. I guess I am pulling for San Diego, in any case I would like to see the series go 5, as it can only help the Mets. Sad to see that the Yanks didn't pull it off, they looked horrible (no offense), and I wonder what will happen during the offseason. Rumblings are already that Joe Torre is getting fired which would be a real shame in my opinion. I also think this means the Yanks and Mets might be getting into a bidding war for Barry Zito this offseason... but let's worry about that after the playoffs.

I did get to watch some college football yesterday, and I have to say for the most part I was not impressed all that much with some of the top teams. Ohio State and Florida were quite impressive and they are my #1 and #2 teams if I were smart enough to do a top 25. With the weakness of USC, the tough games pitting unbeatens Ohio State vs. Michigan and Louisville vs. West Virignia in November, and not some other difficult games for Michigan, Auburn and Florida, there is a possibility (even though I tried to convince on of my friends otherwise yesterday) that Notre Dame could still play for the National Championship. Other than USC, ND should win the remaining games... I have not been overly impressed by the Irish, but the Catholic in me needs to root for them :). By the way... GO RU!!! Sink Navy this week!

I am so glad that autumn has finally arrived, it is still not perfect, as the leaves haven't really begun to change colors, and the temperature is just starting to drop. But a couple of days ago I did wake up to a nice chill and the smell of burning leaves off in the distance. Here is one of my favorite pictures of a nice hike in fall.
The picture was taken at Garrett Mountain (Rifle Camp Park) also known as "the Cliff of Clifton", well that is what I call it at least, so let's see if it takes off. I hope to get some time after an exam this week to go out and hike a bit, we apparently have some beautiful trails around here that I have yet to visit.

We had a good Oktoberfest on Friday - lots of brats and sauerkraut and some really decent German beer, I am a big fan of Einbecker, Mai-Ur-Bock if you get the chance and like darker beer, try it. I was really happy with the turnout and it seemed like everyone had a pretty good time. Golf tournament is coming up next, geez my job is tough, isn't it? ;) Well, speaking of my job I better get going, off to the parish this morning and visiting some homebound. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Almost forgot... the site of the day... This is pretty addicting! I have only gotten about half way through!

No comments: