Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy Founders Day!

OK, so I finally got the opportunity to write again, what can I say I have been a bit busy... life is good though... classes are going well as is my placement at Immacualte Conception up in Towson. Today is Founder's Day here at St. Mary's and in the spirit of the brave men who came here to start the first seminary in America, I am attempting to overcome my difficulties and post once again. I have found it very difficult to keep in touch with so many people at the same time and I was hoping to avoid making ANOTHER Blog site here, but it seems like this one is going to be pretty permanent so hopefully I will be only using this in the future. I still need to go onto Bebo (for those of you interested to read my old blogs, they are still at my bebo site ) and tell people that this is going to be my new site but it is blocked from here... I am actually going to try to make this also more like a traditional blog, not only telling you all about what is happening in my life, but also linking to some sites that I have come across in my recent times... amazingly there are people out there with way too much free time, case in point - I left my Jello in (the shape) of San Francisco . I bet your asking: Keith, where do you get such strange places on the internet? A variety of ways, but most of them are just links from friends who think I will enjoy them. Send me whatever you think is cool (and hopefully it will not get blocked from the firewall here) and I will be more than happy to post it if it is worthy of the randomness that I do call my life.

HOW ABOUT THEM RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS!!!! Ranked #23 (and 24) in the country and 5-0! OK, talk all you want on how they haven't played a tough schedule and such, but hey I have been through a number of years that they couldn't beat those teams, so I will definitely take it. The team was really excited too! Maybe it is there year, but right now I am just really looking forward to going to the RU-Navy game in two weeks down in Annapolis. The game is Navy's homecoming so there are only seats left for the grassy knoll, so pray for good weather. It'd be awesome to win another road game and become bowl eligible the second week of October! While I don't believe RU is ready to challenge West Virginia and Louisville for the Big East crown I do think that they are a legitimate top 25 team, since everyone after the top 10 have some kind of serious flaw, so RU's glaring weakness of a passing game (or lack there of) is no worse than anyone else's weakness, in my humble opinion. One more thing from sports - LET'S GO METS!!! Baseball playoffs start tonight and while the Mets don't play until tomorrow, I am hoping for another subway series this year - of course preferably with different results this time around.

Not sure what else people would like to know, since I haven't talked to you all in a while. Classes haven't really started to get papers due quite yet (even though my first one is due today - don't worry it's done :) ) and I am a little concerned since I have quite a bit of reading to do in the classes now and wonder if I will be able to keep up when exams and papers are due... but hey, I will manage. I am taking Pastoral Catechetics, Intro to Pastoral Theology, Sexuality Celibacy and Marriage, Johannine Literature, Christology and Latin II, for a description of the classes please go here (there will be a little surfing on your part, sorry, but that is the best I can do). All of my classes are pretty interesting thus far and I feel like I am being well prepared for the future. But, as most of you know there is also a nice social aspect to Seminary life as well and we just had an awesome Bocce Ball tournament! I didn't win :(, actually Edmund and I lost in the first round, so much for Team Metuchen.

Lots of stuff happened to friends recently and I want to congratulate Mike and Mel on their first child, John's wedding, John and Dave (not to each other) on their engagements, and Kim on her first pregnancy! I do feel like I am forgetting something, so my apologies if I am... Wow, guess I am getting older, huh!

I am just getting over a small battle with Poison Ivy, so I am glad to finally be over (for the most part) the annoying itchy sensation - it is actually kind of funny that after all the years I spent with the Boy Scouts camping and hiking, the two places I get poison ivy (or sumac or oak, don't know which) was here at St. Mary's at the Grotto and pulling weeds at McDonald's in Little Falls, NJ. Usually when people find out you have poison ivy they ask what the best remedy is to cure it... well let me answer that - DON'T GET IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! I am always such a help aren't I?

Well, I guess that is all for now, please feel free to send those links to me, entertain the world without forwarding! And now for your moment of zen.

No comments: