Saturday, June 16, 2007

Come on down....


was said for the last time by Bob Barker on The Price is Right yesterday. One of the staples of my "staying home from school days" tv shows, Bob Barker has been with us for 35 years on the game show that brought us some of our favorite games: Cliff Hangers, The Grocery Game, and of course PLINKO!. It was funny that I mentioned that this was a memory of the show that I had from staying home from school as I was just surfing for information on the Price is right, I came across this article from the Home News which says the same thing... yet more eloquently... I especially like the Pavlovian response. This was a great game show that reached all age groups, and as I get perhaps a bit too sentimental, I think it is what is missing in today's all sex and violence and "reality TV" that really isn't that real. Anyway, Bob will always have a special place in my heart... especially when he beat up Adam Sandler. There is only one way to end this post, and if you watched the Price is Right, you should know what is coming... Help control the pet population; have your pets spayed or neutered.

No comments: