Saturday, June 30, 2007

Busy week


I had a pretty busy week, or at least a pretty busy end of the week. As you can see from the above picture my sister and nieces came down and I got to have a nice dinner at McCormick & Schmick's which was pretty good. Apparently, they have a deal now that if you sign up for their frequent diners club ($25) you get a $20 gift card immediately and then another $25 in the mail or something along the line... I like the food, but I pretty much only go their once or twice a year. The crab cake trio was excellent, but there isn't too much on the plate.
I also got to realize that I do not follow Jesus in one way, I am not a carpenter. I helped Fr. Sean put up some new cabinets and dressers from Ikea for the new sacristy and it took me much longer than anticipated to finish. Actually I am not quite done, I have got more work to do today after Mass. I like doing work like that (I actually volunteered to do it) and it was a pretty good workout.
I also got a chance to finish setting up my friend's wireless network and transferring data from one PC to another. I guess the fact that I am not in the computer world is starting to finally slip in... it took me much longer to do things then I thought it would and I had a horrible time getting Internet explorer off the ground running, since the new PC only had Netscape on it. I guess the most important thing is that I finally got it to work. I would also like to use this opportunity to remind people to set up a secure wireless network... when helping out my friend he showed me that he really didn't need it since he could access his neigbor's unsecured wireless network and surf the internet that way.

Last night I went to see the Somerset Patriots, a minor league team in Bridgewater, NJ. So, first off thank you to the person that donated the tickets to the Vocations office! I was surprised when I got to the game with my folks that the teams were already playing! I thought I was going senile, but then we found out via the loud speaker that because the game the night before got rained out, today was a double header starting at 5:05. So I got to see a game and a half of baseball, which was nice (although by the end of the fifth in the second game I was ready to call it a night). It was the first time I ever had a Pizzacono which is basically like a cone of pizza. It wasn't too bad (except it was cold), pretty interesting idea basically I just wanted to try it to say I had one. It was also fireworks night so we were treated to an impressive display of pyrotechnics after the game. If you get a chance to go to a game I highly recommend it, much better family type atmosphere.

Speaking of baseball, I read this article on why we should root for the underdog yankees and enjoyed it. I actaully do root for the Yankees when they are not playing the Mets, I mean after all both teams are from New York, so as long as it doesn't affect my team, why not cheer for the city? Go Yanks, Go Mets!

On a sad note, I lost another icon of my childhood WABC-watching days... Joel Siegel passed away. I never really paid too much attention to movie critics sincer I usually only liked the movies they hated and hated the movies they liked, but he had a good personality and was usually pretty funny about his reviews and he always seemed to be smiling. We will miss you Joel! In honor of Mr. Siegel I bring you this blast from my past, for your Moment of Zen... enter the badness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pizza in the cone sounded very interesting. do you remember the name of the store?

Keith M. Cervine said...

unfortunately, I do not know where to buy them, I only had one at a Somerset Patriots baseball game. I believe they have a link on their site to send an e-mail, perhaps that will be a little more helpful.