Thursday, June 14, 2007

Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus


The Sacred Heart has always had a wonderful place in my own heart since it was in that parish in Clifton in which I really started to become involved in youth ministry which seems like almost eons ago... but this year the solemnity seems a little more important. As some of you know, my friend and brother seminarian Edmund was the recepient of a new heart this past May
(on a first friday!). I figured that some of you not within the diocese would appreciate this wonderful piece that was written in the Catholic Spirit. It has been the source of strength for many people and has been able to touch so many that I see on a regular basis since I am in the same parish that Ed served in last summer. I hope that you can enjoy it as well. I thank God for the many blessings that he has bestowed on my friend and on this solemnity ask you all to continue to pray that he may return to studies in the fall and thank God for the prayers that he has already answered.


The artwork on the top of this page is done by my friend David Myers... I have a holy card that he did with this image a few years ago which still is in my breviary and it is one of my favorite cards that I have. He also did a fabulous rendition of St. Michael the Archangel which is his latest addition to his blog, which is also linked on the right hand side of the page. He does some awesome work which I have quite a few pieces of down in the seminary and highly encourage anyone who wants either religious work or personal work to check out his site.

I pray that all who read this are enflamed with the love that was displayed to us on the road to Calvary... you remain in my thoughts and prayers always and I look forward to writing to you all again soon.

No comments: