Monday, July 16, 2007

Apparently I am still up to date


Well, well, well, just when I thought that I was getting too old for this technology, you read a posting like this on MSNBC. Granted I only joined facebook a few weeks ago and only because of my techie friends, but still, it's nice to know I am back in the in-crowd :). Actually, I have been quite pleased with facebook, it has allowed me to find a few old friends who I haven't talked to in a while and allows me to challenge people to Roshambull (a.k.a. Rock, Paper, Scissors).

Actually I found out that Dave White not only is a teacher, but also is a writer! His book, When One Man Dies will be released (according to Amazon) on September 25. I read an smattering from the first few chapters and I think the line that really pulled me in toward the quality of his writing was this line: "He had his cup of coffee, and the breath to go with it." Anyway, Dave is good people, so feel free to pick up his book.

Speaking of books, I also found out from my friend Matt Hardesty that another friend, this time from Seminary, also has a new book out. Chris Cuddy book entitled I choose God: Stories from Young Catholics. I haven't read the book, but what Matt says in his blog about Chris is right on target. He is a highly intelligent person and I am sure his book will be excellent and inspirational for young adults. After I read it, I am sure I will post more, of course that is something I am not up to date on (my reading list), so perhaps you should just check it out yourself.

Since things always happen in threes (or we force them to be that way, I figured I needed another friend author to write about... well, I just found another high school friend on facebook, Ryan Pienciak, and his father, Richard T. Pienciak writes True Crime stories, so you can check him out too. And no, I do not make any money from Amazon, it just happens to be my default site for buying stuff so I send people there. Feel free to use any site or store you desire.

For Your Moment of Zen today, I give you the gift of history. Perhaps Planet of the Apes wasn't so far off?

No comments: