Sunday, July 15, 2007

tribute to the Bangles...


Well, it's just another manic Sunday (oh oh oh), I wish it were a Wednesday (oh oh oh), cause that's my friend's day... my I don't have to bends day... it's just another manic Sunday. OK, so I won't quit my day job, unless of course my day job is a singer or song writer, which it isn't :)
Anywho... things are going well... I had a wonderful Salmon dinner on Friday night with Dave and Shelly back in Clifton assumed my usual duties of falling asleep in front of the TV afterwards... except no hockey was on this time. I saw the folks for a little bit Saturday morning before heading out to the retreat that I think I mentioned earlier. The retreat went well and we had a pretty good turnout of both men and women interested in religious life. I was beat by the time I was set to go home (around 10 PM), but luckily there was not much traffic and I made it back to Warren pretty quick.
Speaking of Warren, Fr. Sean got a new puppy, Jasmine, hopefully I will take a picture sometime soon so you can see the whole family. Anyway, she is a long-haired Dachsund, and she is so cute. Jake and Joey are finally getting used to this new pooch on their turf. She really wanted some of the omelette I was making this morning, but somehow I resisted the cuteness.
I have also become a movie junkie recently, mostly because of blockbuster total access, if you bring the movies back to blockbuster, you can rent movies there for free and they automatically release the next movies in your queue, thus you double the amount you normally would sign up for. Not bad considering it was a wait for Letters from Iwo Jima online, but it was in the store. The movie was ok, a little long in my opinion, but still a good story line and it helps you look at things from different points of view. I figure get the movie watching done while I can, cause you all know I need more movies to be able to quote from (and no, I will not be quoting anything from Letters from Iwo Jima since it is in Japanese).
Well, that's all for now, I will write more soon, and I hope you all enjoy Flight of the Conchords and John from Cincinnati tonight! Pax et bonum.

No comments: