Saturday, July 07, 2007

Kiva update & do you Motu (proprio)?

I recieved an update from Kiva today and Ruth (the person that I lent to) is now 50% paid back. I have been quite impressed with Kiva thus far and feel comfortable that I can recommend them for others that are interested in helping with microloans. It is really humbling when you realize that for the price of a dinner you can help change someone's life... At this rate Ruth will finish paying off her loan by September and I can re-invest in someone else. Kiva has been excellent in keeping things up to date thus far and I have been pleased with the journals of some of the people as well. I will also speak to my friend Mike and see how his business partner is doing. But if you get a chance and have the means check it out. The link is always on the right hand side of the page as well.

Also, from VIS yesterday:
VATICAN CITY, JUL 6, 2007 (VIS) - Tomorrow, Saturday July 7, the Vatican Information service will transmit a special service for the publication of the Apostolic Letter "Motu Proprio data" of His Holiness Benedict XVI, "Summorum Pontificum," concerning the use of the pre-1970 Roman liturgy. The document will be accompanied by an explanatory Letter from the Holy Father.


What does this mean? Expect a lot of miscommunication from the press! Just figured I would give you a heads up and want you to read things from the source (currently in Latin only) before too much is blown out of proportion about how we are going back into the stone ages. Either the Vatican Website or Zenit.org will give you reliable information. And before you ask, no I do not believe my first Mass (God-willing) will be in Latin.

Pax et bonum!

No comments: