Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

No, not THAT Independence Day... Seriously though, a big thank you to all the men and women who have given their lives for the freedoms that we so often take for granted. I wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July. I am pretty much making this a low key 4th... just hanging around and probably going to see Transformers, a staple of my childhood. There are fewer places to see fireworks in the middle of the week, and I have done the Macy's Day Fireworks before and don't feel a need to go through all that work again. However, I would recommend the best way to view the fireworks - from the water!. I took this picture from the time I went, it's hard to see but the statue of Liberty is there and you can see them from the East River too and it's not too expensive. In any case, whatever you are all doing I hope that it is fun and not dangerous.

So, I decided to join Facebook upon a request from one of my friends, I am not sure if it will be blocked at St. Mary's, but I am enjoying it thus far. I have been turned into a zombie and now have a pet dragon named swampy, come on by and pet him!

I am going to keep this posting pretty short since it is a day off for me :), but first Your 4th of July Moment of Zen... if you can't see fireworks, make your own!

No comments: