Tuesday, July 10, 2007

There is nothing like the smell of Ecclesiology in the morning

I opened my email this morning and found from the Vatican Information Service a document that was released by the Vatican about Church doctrine. I felt like I was in Fr. Stevens' Ecclesiology class! (actually more like the final in the class) It answered five common questions about the Catholic Church:
1. Did the Second Vatican Council change the Catholic doctrine on the Church?
2. What is the meaning of the affirmation that the Church of Christ subsists in the Catholic Church?
3. Why was the expression 'subsists in' adopted instead of the simple word 'is'?
4. Why does the Second Vatican Council use the term 'Church' in reference to the oriental Churches separated from full communion with the Catholic Church?
5. Why do the texts of the Council and those of the Magisterium since the Council not use the title of 'Church' with regard to those Christian Communities born out of the Reformation of the sixteenth century?

It can be viewed here. I am happy to say that I already knew the answers to these questions, so THANK YOU FR. BUD and St. Mary's!

Speaking of St. Mary's (well it is a bit of a stretch), one movie night we were supposed to watch Night at the Museum, but by some small miscommunication, I was not able to watch it. I actually tried twice to see it and never got a chance. Well, thanks to Blockbuster Total Access, the movie was delivered to me yesterday and I watched it last night. Pretty good movie, I have always liked Ben Stiller and Carla Gugino ever since Son-In-Law (yes, I watch Paulie Shore movies). I think everyone knows the premise of the story so I will not even get into it here, but if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it (well I recommend it even if you have seen it, but you get the idea). Enjoy!

I am still trying to figure out John from Cincinnati... this last episode was kind of dull. It seemed to put all of the characters into place for a big occurrence but I felt that Cissy was a little over the top and wanted to get rid of her more than Tony's Sister, Janice, from the Sopranos (and anyone who knows me knows that is huge)... Actually, this person's take on the show was pretty much on target with my exact feelings.

Well, I think that is all for now, but considering that it is now the all-star break in baseball and if you are like me and dislike all-star games, you have nothing sporty to do but wait. So, while you are waiting you may want to think of the peace and happiness that college football brings you and enjoy this moment of zen. If you ever wondered how your football team did against any other team now you know, let the smack talk begin! GO RU!

1 comment:

Fr. Matthew Hardesty said...

I guess UK and Rutgers had a fair match-up in the 80's, but I don't wanna play 'em any time soon!